Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Delivery Service

Recently, our Museum was offered the donation of a small forklift.  It will certainly come in handy in several ways in the Car Shop, so we're very grateful to the donor, Kyle Liberg.


I got to drive a Museum truck down to St. Charles and to pick up this equipment, as seen here.  


And as a bonus, we were also donated a nice big stick welder, and a device for cutting sheet metal.  These are really great additions to our collection of tools of all sorts.


When I got back, the truck was parked in front of the Bruneau Car Shop.  I'll let others unload it.


Again, our heartfelt thanks to Mr. Liberg for these donations!  Speaking of which...

DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DONATE?

  IRM will be glad to accept almost anything train-related, or which is useful for restoration work, such as the forklift above.  Books, pictures, models, and artifacts of all sorts help further the Museum's mission.  If you want to donate something, or have questions, please go to the donation page and let us know.  We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

And now, back to the news!

After lunch it was time to get to work again on the Jewell Road shelter.  The weather was perfect.  Here we see on the left two new (red) boards that replaced the originals.


And on the east side, the lower of the blue boards needed to be replaced also.  I don't have a good "after picture" though.


Then I finished painting the red siding on the left side of the front.  Painting the front is almost done, except for the door frame trim pieces that I want to replace, and a few more planks to replace, perhaps next year.


Then I did more scraping on the west side, and started applying white primer.


But I quickly ran out, and will have to get some more.  Actually, I think I've been robbed.  I'll have to start carrying the primer back and forth in my car, as I've been doing with the finish colors.  And I'll be reporting this to the IRM Police Department.  I know he'll take me seriously!!

1 comment:

Raphael said...

what is the fork trucks maximum capacity? I've driven Hyster forktrucks up to 3 tones at my job.