Sunday, November 19, 2023

Shelter Progress

 Some more progress was made on the Jewell Road shelter on Saturday.  I brought out the final pieces needed for the door frame and installed them.  It's hard to see from here, but the trim strips help keep rainwater from leaking into the building.


I also found a piece of wood that I can use for making a threshold piece.  As you can see, the floor is pretty rotted out where it extends out from under the door.  That can be fixed.

And I found a ladder in the barn that I could use for scraping down and painting the top section of the south side.


So it now looks a little better.  I can only hope another nice day comes along unexpectedly, so I can put finish paint on the rest of the front.  



Finally, a lot of people were working on various aspects of getting ready for Happy Holiday Railways, which starts next Friday.  This is one of the most exciting times of the year.  Probably I should have taken more pictures, but here's the North Western bilevel train after a test trip.


There are still a few positions open, so sign up now before it's too late!
You don't want to be unhappy!

No comments: