Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Tuesday News

Tuesday was rather lonely -- just John Sheldon and I.  Several of the other guys are on vacation or had other plans.  But we always have plenty of productive things to keep us busy.

John was working on the interior wiring for the 306.  This is the resplendent main compartment.


Here he is installing the wiring for the various circuits at the #1 end.  Because it was so heavily modified by Shaker Heights, almost everything on the 306 has needed to be replaced or rebuilt in order to be historically accurate as a Fox River car.  This has been a long, intensive restoration.



Meanwhile, I need one more sleet scraper cylinder for the 451.  After some work, I managed to free it from the old beam.  It's quite rusty, of course.


With some work, it's much improved, but more work is needed.


The more important project is the interior.  I'm stripping the partition door.  The old paint may be faded, but it's still very hard to get rid of.  And there are four layers of paint to remove.


No comments: