Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Personal Note

I haven't been out to the Museum for several weeks now for personal reasons, and this will continue for probably another two months or so. So blogging will be light for a while.

My wife has been diagnosed with cancer, but it's not as bad as it sounds. The tumor is small, was detected early, hasn't spread, and can be treated reliably with a combination of chemo and radiation therapy. That's what we're going through now. She is a nurse in oncology at Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, so she is being treated by many of the people she works with and has complete confidence in, and the prognosis is for a complete recovery. So for the time being, I won't have an opportunity to be out at the property.

My first priority will be to make sure the blue cars are ready for revenue service as scheduled. This will mean some delay in finishing the roof work on the 277, but I would still hope to complete it some time this summer. And there are a couple of blog articles I'm working on. I don't usually include personal info like this, but some people suspected that I had somehow been annoyed and had gone on strike. Not yet!

Randall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep your wife and family in my prayers.

- James

Randall Hicks said...

Thank you, and thanks to all those who wrote in. We appreciate it.