Monday, December 20, 2010

Visit to Siberia


Yes, it's been a while since the last update on the 319, but other commitments have been getting in the way. Not to mention the weather. There's only one upper wall section to go, as seen here. I finished the surface prep and applied some polyester filler.


But waiting for it to set up is boring, so let's take a trip to Barn 2 and see what's happening. The red surfaces on the 451 have been sanded down and are ready for another, it appears. Under the plastic sheets, it appears it's all been painted grey, although I can't tell whether that's primer or the finish color. And there was no one around to ask.



And here's the blind side of the Cleveland PCC.









The filler was taking longer to set than I expected, so I gave up on painting for today. I worked some more on installing screws in the ceiling.


And then turned to removing more paint from the vestibule.




Finally, you never know who you might meet at IRM. Here's an unidentified lunatic who had been riding his bicycle across the frozen plains for an hour or two. He claimed to have enjoyed the trip. Feel free to post your get-well-soon messages here.

1 comment:

Scott Greig said...

I believe that is the finish gray on the 451; I saw it Saturday.