Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Half of One Third


 
Another day of paint stripping, sanding, and repainting the lower siding brought me half-way down the side of the car.  So progress is slow but steady.





For a break, I hiked out to Yard 14 to check on the 321, and looked through the car checking for leaks.  Everything appears to be in good condition.  But we can't keep this up forever.  Hmmm, I wonder if there's some better way to preserve these cars?  I also checked on one of our containers.

And then, making sure I don't get too puffed up about what I've accomplished, there's Tim Peters blasting along on the 4412.  All of the new tack molding is in place and he's busily attaching the screws to fasten it down.  He's planning to soak the canvas tomorrow and put it in place on the roof on Saturday, when there will be plenty of people around to help.  OK, count me in!

No comments: