Thursday, October 4, 2012

What Terror Lurks Within???

 

 I'm afraid to go in it myself, at least if I'm alone, this ancient Pullman car from a circus train said to be haunted by the ghosts of malevolent clowns. And  to get there,

you have to detour through this boxcar, and pass through the rest of the Train of Terror. 
Meanwhile, the Screamliner is sitting on Station 2, waiting to transport you to destinations not shown on any timetable.  I would seriously advise you not to try this by yourself -- bring several friends.  You'll be glad you did!

I'll be a trainman on the Screamliner tomorrow night, so I hope to see some of you there.  Unless you lose your nerve....


It was a beautiful fall day, and here's a view of Schneider's Grove.  The trees are turning earlier than usual, due to the drought I suppose, and we're getting more color than usual here on the property.




I applied a first coat of finish blue to the #1 end of the 36, so it now looks like this.  It's essentially done until I start on the final painting sometime next year. The doors and end windows all need to be taken to the shop to be stripped and repainted, but for now, at least on the ends, they're not too bad.

Soon I can start removing the last of the ugly dark green.  This is almost exactly the same color the 321 had been painted in, and which I spent a lot of time removing over the years.  I'll be glad to see it go.  I spent most of the rest of the day stripping paint and sanding on the #2 end, and painted one side of it with white primer.



Here we can view the 308 as seen through the end gates on the 1024.



As usual, Tim was hard at work on the 1797, finishing up the remaining parts of the interior.  Here he is painting the ceiling of the vestibule.


No comments: