Thursday, November 29, 2012

Going, going, almost gone or car 36 where are you?

Al writes…

Been having nightmares about a large slab of green wood. This led me to venture out to the museum yesterday to remove that last expanse of green paint on the side of 36. I was able to complete removal of the green below the belt rail by the end of the day. And as Randy often says it's a day of scraping, sanding and painting.

With this progress we are coming close to removing all vestiges of the car's "Cleveland" identity. Somehow I couldn't resist the urge to leave the painted number on the side of the car to the very last. I felt like there should be a little ceremony as I removed that last "Cleveland" identity item. So I held a little ceremony with the barn cats( oh wait there are no barn cats in barn eight ) as that identity was removed. I believe that was the last vestige of Columbia Park and Southwestern identity remaining.After sanding I was able to get a coat of primer on the car,

Speaking of residents of barn 8, 4412 has joined the group and is shown here wearing its new hat.  Tim Peters did meet his Thanksgiving deadline.

As always there was a lot of activity in barn 4 and the wood shop on a Wednesday. Spent a little time observing the manufacture of new windows. Bob Katella does a good job covering those activities in his blog so I won't repeat them here.

One activity that was unique was continued attention to stringing trolley wire over the connection just east of the barns.

This blog entry is brought to you by the Shameless Prodding Division of Hicks Car Works. Please remember to consider a donation to the Barn 14 fund. And remember the matching contribution program offered by the Hicks car works.

No comments: