Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tour Guides Needed

Our old friend Ray Bellock writes:

We are already exceeding the number of groups that we entertained in 2013, and the phone calls with new inquiries are coming constantly (four on the message machine from last weekend).  Last year, a couple of volunteers, including me, were able to handle all requests for docents (tour leaders) and I anticipate a larger need this year, so the call is out for anyone who meets the minimum criteria: enjoys talking with visitors, and has a working knowledge of the museum, railroads, and their history particularly as it relates to Illinois. I have a set program for children's groups that serves as a good foundation and an outline as to what I think the casual adult visitor would want to see in a limited visit.  Did I say they also are in a unique position with these  groups to sell the museum as a  destination and worthy of their support?  Sales person attributes come to mind.  Anyone who would want to contribute their time in this effort should contact me first by e-mail: rayb749 at msn.com, and I will then be in a position to find out their interests and what they would like to contribute.

This is an excellent opportunity for you to help out the Museum without committing a lot of time on a regular basis.  And you won't even get dirty.  It would only be the docent thing to do!  (RH) 

No comments: