Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Next Feature: A Model Train Website


While having extra time on my hands, I've been able to finish up something that has been in the works for a while -- a website about model trains, specifically Gilbert O Gauge.  That's a niche subject, to be sure, but as a result it's something I've been able to cover pretty thoroughly.  And my excuse is that IRM is now moving into the history of model trains.

Although it won't really be a blog like this one, I used Blogger again because I'm familiar with the software, and it's free.  So take a look, if you like, in your copious free time.  Comments and corrections are welcome.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a protean set of interests you have Randy :) I never heard about Gilbert O-gauge trains. I always liked their S-gauge equipment because I always found it to be more detailed and realistic.
C Kronenwetter

Anonymous said...

I still have my fathers prewar AF 556 Royal Blue passenger set including prewar and postwar AF accessories. Thank You for publishing this new blog!

Very Respectfully,

Ken MacLeod

Ted Miles said...

Randy,
I also had a few O gauge cars. For those less knowledgeable, when A.C Gilbert bought the American Flyer name, in the post war era, they re-designed everything and made true S-gauge models. I wish they had carried over the Bordon butter-dish car into the post war era.

The only remaining example of these Bordon tank cars is in the IRM collection.