Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Windows for the 18

While confined to the house, over the next few weeks about the only productive IRM project available will be making some new windows for the Shaker Heights 18 (or 1218).  I recently was able to find the box that has the spare window lifts, so one window that I made a while back now has complete hardware, and only needs some more painting.  Now I just need to get some more hardwood.


As I think I mentioned a while back, the inside of the car, including the windows, is painted with an unusual faux-grained paint scheme, which we believe is probably unique to Kuhlman.  Frank will be working on trying to replicate it.


The little box that the window lift tabs were in also had four date nails, all labeled 29.  I have no idea what use can be made of date nails in car restoration.

No comments: