Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Year-End Clearance

 Yes, friends, it's that time of year again when we need to clean out our inventory of old, worn-out tools and supplies to make room for exciting new fashions and projects!  In my case, I wanted to clean up the scaffolding around the roof booth in preparation for installing canvas on the 453.  And after that was done, it was time to start cleaning the interior of the car.

I found a light string on one of the shelves on the platform, and installed it in the 453, with some new bulbs.  It's nice to have lights inside the car, especially at this festive time of year.  And of course it makes cleaning easier.  Several parts from the car were removed and placed on the correct shelf in the shop for refurbishing.  And then I did a lot of sweeping and so on.


The interior will eventually need a thorough restoration, but for now it's not too bad.

Now that the car has actual lighting, I noticed for the first time that there are a couple of car cards that look authentic but which I haven't seen in any of the other CA&E cars.  More on those later.


Meanwhile, the rest of the Tuesday crew were at work.  John is seen here patching up the frames for the arched windows in the 306.


Frank Kehoe was working on truck parts for the 1754, but I didn't get a picture of him at work.  Sorry!  Tim was working on more parts for his ticket booth, as usual.




And there were other people at work, but I don't have any pictures or details.  Unless they want to submit their own stories.

No comments: