Sunday, June 19, 2022

Saturday Operation

Saturday provided us with nice weather and an excellent crowd of visitors, all of whom seemed to be having a good time.  Mainline trains included the 1630 pulling the coach train, the wooden L cars 1797 and 1268, and the 36 and 309.  Then the 749 was running the Union shuttle all day, plus the 4391 and 3142 on the streetcar loop.  What more could you want?

I was too busy to take many pictures, but here's what we've got:


I got to run the train for a couple of trips.  Photo by John Csoka.  As often happens, I got to meet some of our regular blog readers.

Frank and Vivian paid a visit and went for a ride.

Next operation will be on July 3rd.  You won't want to miss it.

Frank adds...

A couple of interesting things Vivian and I happened upon during our wandering around:

Over at the bus barn, Richard and Jerry had towed the CTA articulated trolley bus, the "Queen Mary," out of the barn as part of the re-shuffling project. I couldn't tell you whether I've ever seen this thing outside.

And then late in the day, Good Nick and Mikey brought the 18 over to the inspection pit. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Matt Maloy said...

There was one time many years ago when I wandered into the bus garage, and I was completely taken by surprise when I saw CTA 9763. I had no idea IRM owned an articulated bus. Imagine the sight of 9763 running again? That would definitely turn some heads.

-Matt Maloy

Randall Hicks said...

You don't have to be a mind-reader to know what Richard would say to that.

Kevin Brown said...

Shaker Heights 18 was running on the car line earlier this evening.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, imagine the sight of it running. Good thing the Queen Mary has wide doors, or else people would be tripping over each other to board!

R. W. Schauer