Thursday, March 4, 2010

Brass Castings

Want some brass castings? I sure do. First of all, we need lift tabs for the windows on the 319; every single one is missing for some reason. Here's a picture of one from the 36; it has exactly the same function and footprint, so I can only assume this is the part we need for 319. We'll need thirty of them. The exact size is 2 5/8" x 1 1/8". If you happen to have a boxful of these in your collection, that would save me a lot of work. Otherwise, if you need or want some, let me know.

Secondly, we will also get some of these latches for holding the folding signs on CA&E cars. This, on the 309, is the only one of its type we have, but from pictures it appears that all cars had this type. As they were lost or broken, they were replaced with ad hoc substitutes. I had promised Ralph Taylor to make two for the 316; if anyone else wants one, let me know. I do not have estimates on what the cost will be.

Frank Sirinek has offered to help me, since he has a lot of experience with this. We're planning to drive up to the brass foundry in Rockford next Wednesday. Another road trip!

No comments: