Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Linoleum Installation Completed


Today I finished installing the new linoleum, something I've wanted to do for thirty years or so. Here it is in the main compartment before painting started. After nailing it all down, I swept and vacuumed the floor and put on a second coat of primer. The main compartment now has its second coat of primer everywhere except the new linoleum.

With some extra time, I did the usual straightening and sorting, oiled some seat frames, and installed a couple of refinished arm rests.

Max is too modest to toot his own horn, so I'll mention that he was working in Barn 8 on the new DC power switches in spite of the cold. When I walked over to the far corner to turn off the 600, I could see through the open door that he appeared to be lying motionless on the ground. I knew he'd been working on a ladder up against the building, so I was very scared. I shouted "Are you OK?" and ran over there. He was fine. He was just lying there to work on a new ground connection for the power supply. "It's actually kind of comfortable," he said, "I'm well insulated."

No comments: