Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ten, Twenty, Thirty Years Ago

1978: - Bob Rayunec and I were working on the 309, completing the roof boards and attaching the cables, fuse box, etc. to make the car operational again. Cars were in Barn 4.
- I helped move the 50th Avenue station from Chicago. IRM volunteers were just given orange vests and allowed to work around the third rail with trains going by every few minutes. Wonder if they'd let us do that nowadays?

1988: I did lettering in the 309's vestibule, and worked on replacing glass in the clerestory windows. Cars were in Barn 2.

1998: Frank and I mostly worked on the 321, doing some sanding and woodwork in preparation for repainting the "good" side. Also a little on the 309. Cars were in Barn 7. We also pulled the tarp off the D22 so it could be repainted.

Sure, this is just filler, but it's the best I can do while my writers are still on strike. :(

No comments: