The Museum is already open for business again -- the winter season sure went by quickly! That means, among other things, that I need to be more careful about picking things up, closing doors, and avoiding trip hazards such as extension cords in the aisles. Typically, during the winter tools and parts can just be left in the middle of the sidewalk -- not any more!
Yesterday was a short work day because my daughter was flying in from Boston. Mostly, it was more painting in the 319. As promised, here is the nice new red controller handle at one end:
And there were several minor tasks to perform for variety's sake. A new cutout cock at one end of the 309 was installed.
And then primer on the truss rods of the 36 where Gerry and I had straightened out the groinks. Next time these parts can be painted black.
And there were a few inspection tasks remaining on the 36, such as the controllers.
I didn't spend much time over at Barn 4. One project I did get a picture of shows Dan Fenlaciki welding the new floor into place on the Cleveland PCC.
Of course, a lot of other people were busy on various projects. But you can't be everywhere at once.
Finally, and this is not a joke, IRM has a new e-newsletter as part of our ongoing publicity efforts. Most of the material will already be familiar to current members and/or people who follow the IRM website, but the newsletter should help stimulate contact with local news providers of various sorts. Frank will be able to tell you more about this.