Sunday, October 30, 2022

Saturday Report

Saturday was another busy day at the Museum, with the Pumpkin Trains running again.  Here we see the 431 alongside the Galt House, along with a number of bales of hay and so on.



I spent most of the day working on the roof of the 460, as usual.  I cut out a couple of pieces of canvas for the second layer where a trainman would be climbing onto the roof.  But the only safe way to install them would be from on top of the roof part of the time, and the paint didn't seem to be quite dry, so that was put off.  And this piece seems sort of wrinkled, so I may have to either steam it or cut out another piece.


And I painted all of the lower edge of the canvas, at the tack molding, with a brush.  And did some more ironing at the east end.


On the subject of steam, due to some switching, the Southern Pacific 2-10-2 was posed out on the west wye.


And we have some video of it being pushed back into its storage location:



And speaking of the Steam Dept., I went over to the shop to check on my bearing project.  They say it's getting closer.


And while we're here, the 428 is at the back of the shop, still an 0-4-0.



And in front, the 3719 is getting a cosmetic makeover:



Finally, we have some public service announcements:  Roger and Tim are still in business selling cookies over in Barn 3 to benefit the Coach Dept.   They were doing a good business, as you can see, so next time you're out, get a cookie while you can!




And my friend Jeff Calendine wants you to know that tickets are still available
for the Steam Dept. Benefit at San Filippo!

2 comments:

Ted Miles said...

I am glad that the Illinois Central #3719 is getting some cosmetic attention. There are not many Brooks Locomotive Works around these days. And besides, she is part of the Railway Museum. Also my grandfather worked in the Railway Post Office cars of the IC RR.

Thanks for a first look at the project. I am glad she will not stay in Beavier and Southern colors as I do not know that line.

Ted Miles, IRM Member

Randall Hicks said...

Thanks, Ted. I think all of us here at IRM appreciate your contributions.