Monday, March 25, 2024

Sunday Update

Frank writes...


I don't have too much to report from Sunday. Bunny Trolley Hop was in full swing, while in the car shop, efforts are concentrating on getting equipment ready for operations next month. I spent much of my time helping with that.
I did get some work done on the 18. As shown above, the three windows I'd stripped the previous week got some finish sanding and then received a coat of primer. Next time, I can put a coat of cream paint on them. I can also do the window my father rebuilt, which is on top. I also cleaned up the bits and pieces from the fender rebuild project.
Joel, Brian, Nathan, and Mikey were working on equipment inspections and electrical work, Tim was working on the 1808, and Good Nick and Matt were over in Barn 2 working on IT 415. Above, you can see the dance floor where the Berlin sander used to be. The green thing on the left is the control position. The plan is to put a table saw in this space and rearrange some of the existing machines.
The only other photo I took of recent progress was this one, showing the K brake cylinder that one of our expert welders repaired. It's destined to head back to the Steam Shop for installation on our newly restored Pennsy bobber caboose, hopefully making that car operational.

No comments: