Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trolleyville Update

The IRM team got a lot accomplished today. Members included everybody I mentioned last time, plus our old friend Walt Stafa who showed up and was very helpful, as always. I met Steve Heister who took a lot of pictures; that's good because I was too busy.

The 409 and 451 are now ready for loading. Removing the steps and pilot from the 451 turned out to be much harder than anyone had expected. We still can't figure out how the CA&E managed to maintain these things. The 460 will be done tomorrow, but at least we have a much better idea of how to proceed. I plan to be home tomorrow night and will post pictures then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got word that the ock is finally empty. The last load, the big machines pulled out this evening about 8:30 on their way to Connecticut. I also have heard a tentative date of monday the 25 to load 303 for transport to connecicut as well. The adventure of Trolleyville is almost completed for us all.

Chris Chestnut

Scott Greig said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.