Monday, April 26, 2010

309 Inspection

The 309's annual inspection started today. Mostly what got done was the hard parts for which the car needs to be over the pit: removing the bottom motor covers, check pole piece clearances, tightness on all axle caps and other bolts, visual inspection, and brake adjustments. All four motors were done, and everything seems fine. I'll try to finish this up on Wednesday, when I'll have more time and maybe a helper or two.

I also took my weekly hike out to the 321 to check the tarp and look for parts. Both the buzzer cord and the panic cord on the 319 are broken in two, so I picked up the extra lengths of buzzer cord that we had on hand. These cords have stranded wire down the middle so they're hard to come by. (And don't use them for trolley rope!)


Meanwhile, Barb Lanphier was hard at work on the various flower beds in the vicinity of the office. She wouldn't let me take her picture, but here is part of the results. The grounds are starting to look much better.





And we have lots of nice wildflowers, too!

1 comment:

David Wilkins said...

Ahh, the bucolic scenery of the Illinois countryside...