Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More New Paint

The most pressing concern today was to check on the 321's tarp. I was very afraid that with the recent storms it would have blown off altogether. I was very relieved to find that it had been secured by Joel Ahrendt and was still doing its job. He has some ideas for attaching it more reliably. We can't thank you enough, Joel!

Frank Sirinek helped me move the spare windows out to the 321 on the golf cart; I put them in the car and removed some parts I needed for the 319: a coupler pin and a dummy coupling for the brake pipe hose.



Meanwhile, the 409 has been painted, as seen here in Barn 2. It looks great! And we spent some time discussing paint colors again.








It was too hot and humid to do a lot of heavy lifting, but I put all of the seat cushions into the main compartment of the 319, so it's ready for service. There are still a few I'm unable to restore, so I hope to find four good ones from the 318 in storage and install them.


The 36's motor truck arrived just as I was about to leave; Nick said he would be able to unload it.

1 comment:

Scott Greig said...

Beautiful. Just...beautiful!