Sunday, April 10, 2011

CA&E Videos

Ed Allen has sent us a package with three DVD's of his personal movies from the 1950's. Most of it deals with the CA&E, since that's where he was working at the time, but there's a lot of other material, such the L, North Shore, some steam, and other things. As far as I know these have not been publicly available. He also included a flimsy from the CA&E, shown here. Thanks, Ed!!!

Update: Ed said I could post the videos to the site, but they're too big for the Blogger limit. Perhaps with some expert help I can break them down into bite-sized chunks. Ed also said that he did not want these videos reproduced or sold on the open market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any possibility that Ed would be interested in letting copies go for a price that would benefit the museum. Without seeing them, I don't know the quality, but I would be interested in any video of CA&E operation, and would be willing to pay for the privilege of owning a copy.