Saturday, June 15, 2013

Preparation

It's always good to be prepared, and we happen to have a lot to get ready for.  For instance, the wood cars will be in revenue operation next weekend.  So I straightened up the interior of the 319, put all the seats back in place, and so on.  I was planning to do more interior painting, but since the 309 has a grid problem, the 319 will be in service the next few weekends instead.  Not a big deal.

And then I shuffled the order of the cars, made the 308 and 319 into a train, and put them back in order.  It takes some effort, but it's fun to be able to run all three cars one after another.

After that, it was time to switch out track 83, among other things.  Rod, Joe, Joel, and other Car Dept. guys had several things that needed to be done in order to put cars that will running in the pageant in accessible positions.
 
Since 83 was mostly empty, I had a chance to view the newly-repainted 36 from more than five feet away.  Looks nice, if I may say so myself. Of course, I can't wait to get it outside.

On the left, you have to use your imagination, but all four wood cars are lined up, more or less ready for pageantry.  Did we mention that it will be on Saturday, July 6th???  Don't miss it!

No comments: