Thursday, March 10, 2016

On the Road in Indiana


We recently went to visit relatives in Franklin, Indiana, south of Indianapolis.  The town had a railroad museum of some sort in the old Pennsy depot, which is still well maintained, but there doesn't seem to be anything there now.  


I love the silhouettes in the windows of this caboose.  I think I'll start making silhouette people to put in the windows of the Lake Shore 150.   You'll like it!


The Interstate Public Service/Indiana Railroad ran through Franklin.  I followed the path of the interurban tracks, but the only remnants I could find were these bridge abutments over Hurricane Creek.   You just have to imagine the 65 crossing the now-vanished bridge.



But as I was taking pictures of it, a local freight slowly came along on the parallel railroad.

No comments: