Monday, October 24, 2016

A Visit to St. Louis

David writes....


Back at the end of July, Katy, Alexandria, and I headed east to visit our families. We spent several days in Kentucky visiting my family, and then headed to Missouri to visit Katy's family. I was able to sneak away on a very hot and humid day and drive up to St. Louis to visit my friends at the Museum of Transportation. 
 

The main goal of my visit was to see St. Louis Public Service #1743 in operation. I had helped with the restoration work on this car before we moved and was excited to see the finished product. When we moved to Utah in 2013,out of the cosmetic work was complete on the car. The majority of the work over since then focused on the car's control system. MUNI, the car's second owner, had stripped a lot of the underbody equipment. 
 

IRM's own Richard Schauer consulted with the MOT volunteers and provided expert guidance. 
 

Needless to say, the car looks exceptional. I recommend a visit to MOT if you are in the area. 


No comments: