Sunday, July 10, 2022

Thomas, Day One

Thomas is in full swing again this year.  On Saturday I was on streetcar relief, so in the morning I had some time to tighten up the clamps on the 460's canvas.  Meanwhile, crowds are gathering around the real star of the show.



So I found a seat and watched the parade of CSL streetcars.  Here's the 144:


And 3142:


And 1374:


Next is Thomas himself....


followed by an impressive train of six Rock Island coaches, plus the North Western combine...


and finally, our nicely repainted Rock Island Geep as a helper...


At least, that is what they want you to believe.


And here's a cheery sight: the entire south parking area, west of Lake Diamond, full of autos.


After that, I had to get to work and run streetcars.  But I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures on the web in various places.  And as always, you really need to be there in person.

2 comments:

Ted Miles said...

I am glad that Thomas The Bank Engine is still doing his part to help fatten the IRM
coffers. I had seen in other places that his work is winding down. But a full parking lot
says otherwise!

Ted Miles, IRM Member

Randall Hicks said...

It seemed to me to be about as busy as ever, thankfully. Of course, more would always be better, but then we're never satisfied. I sometimes wonder what Rev. Awdry would think about all this, but that's sheer speculation.