Thursday, January 19, 2023

Wednesday Workshop

 Time for another report on activities in the car shop, with our usual haphazard array of pictures.

I started by cleaning up parts for the #1 end of the roof, the pole guard, horn baffle, and trolley hook, and painting them with primer.


Tim spent most of the day working on windows.  Here he is staining one of the many frames, and he also cut out a large number of glass pieces, including the circular corner.  That's quite a challenge.


Pete continued working on the 757 doors.  Without reliable doors, the 757 won't fly.



Here's what one of the new ones looks like on the car.  It will get the Silverliner striping later.


I spent some time attaching one of the 460's roof cables, and finding the parts I'll need for the others.


Here Pete is adjusting a door latch.


Paul came by to work on triple valves for the passenger cars.  Buzz was also around but I didn't get any pictures of what he was doing.



As you can see here, the old doors on the 757 are some deteriorated.  They are all being replaced.


Finally, I installed the remaining two drip rails on the #1 end of the 460.


And finally, I didn't take a picture, but it looks like all three tracks for Barn 12 have been completed.  I'm told that the barn will have only three tracks to allow wider spacing.

And as usual, I missed what other departments were doing.  You just had to be there.

No comments: