Thursday, June 29, 2023

Ticking Away

"The seconds are ticking away on the contest clock" as my thesis advisor would say when I had a deadline to meet, and that's as true now as ever.  Since I have a four-car train to operate without tying up the railroad or otherwise embarrassing myself, I spent some time today finishing up lubrication and inspection, as much as I could in place.  I'm sure we'll be ready, but there wasn't much to take a picture of.

So I wanted to show you what other people are doing.  The barn extension is proceeding quickly.



And then I thought I'd get some pictures of the 6363 after sandblasting, but it's disappeared!  I don't have time to search the entire property for something, even something as big as a big hook, but that will have to wait.  Whatever you do, don't miss the big parade!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the purpose of the lower extension along the south side of the building?
C Kronenwetter

Ted Miles1950@gmaail.com said...

Car Barn work is always the best thing any large artifact museum can do!

Ted Miles, Still an IRM Member

Frank Hicks said...

The purpose of the "lean-to" on the south side of the building is for storage of spare parts.

Anonymous said...

I recall that the lean-to was the first car shop to replace the woodshop, then the lean-three was the next phase, and I am not sure what the lean-three extension name was. This portion might be called the lean-for? O. Anderson

Anonymous said...

I believe the name being used at the moment is lean-zero

Randall Hicks said...

And Lean-Zero it shall remain, I hope. There won't be a Lean-Minus-One because of the flood plain restrictions.