Monday, June 5, 2023

Sunday in Barn 2

Frank writes...

I only took one photo Sunday, and it was this one showing progress on IT 415 over in Barn 2. The car is in the final stages of surface prep prior to getting repainted (and yes, it will be repainted in apple green and cream). For my part, a while back I'd started sanding down the side windows but I'd never finished the job, so this was my chance. There had been a large crew working on the car on Saturday and pretty much all of the metal looked nicely cleaned off.

After I finished up with that, I headed over to Barn 8 and managed to get one step well reinstalled on the 308. A huge THANK YOU to Joel Ahrendt for all of his help! Next on this car will be reinstalling the other step well and the third rail beams.

1 comment:

Art said...

Frank wrote a great 10-page piece on IRM for the July issue of Trains magazine. Beautiful pictures by various photographers. Should serve to bring some people in to see it all in person.

Art Belanger