Friday, May 31, 2013

On Vacation

I'm on vacation in the Boston area, visiting my daughter and her husband, the IRMA guru.  I didn't bring the download cable, so there won't be any pictures until I get back in a week or so.  But here are a couple of the features you can look forward to:

A visit to the Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum in northwest Massachusetts.  Their collection consists of a single car from Shelburne Falls, an 1896 Wason combine, and I got to run it.

Sisson's Diner in Middleboro.  It's being restored for food service by new owners.  I was permitted to view the inside as well as the outside, and we'll have a complete study of this ancient streetcar body.  

And maybe more.  Who knows?

1 comment:

O. Anderson said...

Randy,
I don't know if you will be near Lowell, but if that line is running it is unlike most other museum/tourist railroads I have seen.
Regards,