Thursday, May 15, 2014

More Inspection

The last two days were mostly spent on inspecting the 309. There are still some things that need to be done on both the 308 and 309, for which I'll need some help, but mostly everything has gone well.


We should be operating on Memorial Day, May 26, probably with the 308 and 309.

This is not easy work, and I seem to be getting older faster than the car.  But that's as it should be.


Yesterday evening I went for a walk again.  Several trees have fallen athwart the creek due to the hard winter, but the stream is still flowing rapidly.


And a four-car train of newer L cars is parked on the connector.  With a little photo-shopping, you could easily imagine this as the center of Congress. 

 
And then I did some more tacking on the 319, and brought out the broken seat back for the 36 that I repaired at home.  Now if I can just remember to bring the other bracket along, it can be installed.

No comments: