In the midst of all the other activities at IRM these days, Barn 9 is getting the frame inspected and fixed as necessary, and new panels installed.
And so the Zephyr is stored on the new cutoff track, to keep it out of the way.
It's nice to have both AC and DC power available in Barn 8. The first thing I did was to paint the sides of the ventilator doors in the 36, since these will be kept open from now on. Then more work on the vestibule.
There's lots of work going on in Barn 4. Nearly every car in the west half of the barn had people working on it. Here Gerry and John F. are working on the air piping under the 810.
Lorne is painting and installing the baseboard heater covers for the Cleveland PCC. They look great.
Work is progressing on the Charles City engine. The cab has been completely rewired and repainted.
Pete proudly shows off the work so far. The box is the test panel for the contactors, which John N. designed and built.
And as Frank mentioned before, work is starting on the right side of the front of the Michigan car.
This is the left side, with the new steel all bolted together in preparation for riveting.
And then Ed Oslowski and John Arroyo are working on the interior of the Electroliner.
In the vestibule, among other things I made tracings of all the lettering for the blue paint scheme. It's still in pretty good shape, so with careful sanding, it comes out well. These were later painted over with primer.
And apart from the brake valve, which I might want to take to the shop, the motorman's area is painted.
And also more of the ceiling, including the box for the buzzer interrupter.
Out in yard 11, Mark Secco is working to get the big C&NW Bucyrus crane working. He plans to use it along with the Ohio crane to lift the Denver turntable off the flatcar when it arrives.
Dan Fenlaciki is working on finding leaks and fixing the air system. It's quite complicated.
Here are the winding drums.
And then I had more touchup painting to do, such as around some of the corner seats. This was fixed, but I forgot to take an "after" picture.
And by the time I left, a lot of new panels were installed on Barn 9.
And Max was removing the power lines so work could progress safely.
And as usual, there were several projects going on that I missed.