Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thomas Day One

I was out at the museum on Friday for the first of five Day Out With Thomas days.  The crowd was certainly terrific by normal standards, though slower than is typical for Saturdays or Sundays during the Thomas event.  I was running IT 415, the museum's ol' reliable all-purpose car, as one of four cars on the streetcar line.  I was too busy to take photos but a stock photo is shown below.

Of course, if you've been to IRM any time during the last 47 years you probably have a better than 50/50 chance of having seen the 415 in service, so admittedly this photo isn't really necessary.  Anyway, I was running all day along with the 144, 3142 and 4391, and everything went smoothly.  Jon Habermaas was the relief crewman and gave me a lunch break while Jim West, the Car Line Dispatcher, kept everything running like clockwork.

As usual with the Thomas event, not much else was happening.  But I did happen upon Tim Peters in Barn 4 who was working on fitting the wooden crown beam to the 1024.  He also pointed out the mocked-up roof hardware which will have to be fabricated for the car as part of the backdating process.

No comments: