Friday, June 13, 2014

I Will Return or a Heavy Breakfast at Betsy's

Al writes...
Back in August of  '12 I posted on a brief encounter with Betsy's Dinner in Falmouth MA. You may remember the "Eat Heavy" slogan. Last week we had a quick trip back to Falmouth on family business.  So I took the opportunity to do some heavy eating at breakfast.


First some background.  Betsy's is a Mountain View diner,  they were manufactured in Singac New Jersey from 1938 to 1957. This diner is serial number 498, built in 1957 so its among the last. It was originally the Peter Pan diner in Kuhnsville Pa.  The diner was moved to Falmouth in 1992 and is located on the site of the former Falmouth Diner.






On to the inside,  Betsy's appears to be very close to original complete with table side "remotes" for the Seeburg juke box and chrome finish. It reflects the '50s even down to the no credit cards accepted signs. 




The food was basic breakfast fare at reasonable prices, although the portions were generous.  My choice further reinforced my notion that no one makes omelets like those found in the Chicago area.  All in all an interesting place that I'll be sure to visit again.

No comments: