Saturday, August 8, 2015

Dixie Flyer

The Dixie Flyer was a big success.  IRM's first car, Indiana Railroad 65, operated all day with its newly reupholstered seats, with capacity crowds on each trip.  For much of the time, we were operating on 45-minute headways, which is basically load and go.  Jon Fenlaciki was the motorman and does a great job of explaining everything about the car and its restoration, of course.  Being the conductor was a very enjoyable job.  I didn't take any pictures, partly because I was too busy, but mostly because Chuck Amstein was there and that's why he gets the big bucks.  He'll be sending us a great selection of photos soon, I'm sure, and we'll post them then.

However, I was amused to note that our track guys have moved the inspection car to a place in front of the UP Turbine.  It had been sitting in front of Barn 4 and was in the way.  I can only imagine what Buzz must think of this!

P.S.  Jon wanted me to point out that the new seats are so comfortable, at least one lady slept through half the trip.  What could be better than that?

No comments: