Friday, September 30, 2022

Roof Preparation

After finishing some more work on Thursday, I believe we're now ready to start painting the 460's roof whenever the new canvas paint arrives.  I did a lot more ironing on the ends.

And then cleaned up and painted all of the remaining tack molding.



It's not possible to do any woodwork in the shop right now, because we're getting ready for Arnfest this weekend.  A number of Arnfest guys were there, unloading various things and working on tools.  I got my 16' planks for the roof out of their way and started measuring and marking them.  With this softwood there are various checks and cracks we have to work around, so that requires some care.

They are now temporarily stored in the barn behind the 460.  Next time I should be able to start cutting.

Tim was the only other IRM person in the shop, and of course he was working on the floor of the 1808.  So that's about all I can say about Thursday. 

No comments: