Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Monday Report

Today we just have a brief report of yesterday's activities, since I've been busy with other things.

Frank Kehoe continued working on the 1754's motor truck.  The truck frame was removed from the shop using the small forklift and taken around to the back.  Here he is on a return visit to pick up various other parts.


And here he is power-washing the frame.  It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.


Tim continued working on the metal grills for the ticket office.  He fabricated frames for them which had to be welded together by Gerry.


Pete Galayda has been instrumental in getting the new canvas paint delivered and mixed.  But he continues to spend most of his time on the 160.  


Gerry and John continued working on the 306, but I didn't get any pictures this time.

On the 453, I put a first coat of nice shiny black on the top and sides of four running boards.


And then did some more canvas painting along the sides, since the weather was favorable.




2 comments:

Frank K said...

Under the category of giving credit where its due, the truck frame was moved around back by Gerry Dettloff using the big heavy duty fork lift. Afterwards Gerry schooled me in the use of the small fork lift and then he maintained a safe distance as I tried to look like I knew what I was doing.

Frank K

Randall Hicks said...

Thanks for the update, Frank. There are always lots of things going on that don't get reported, I'm afraid. We always welcome the submission of additional info and photos.