More interesting photos sent to us by Art Peterson.
All Images Copyright by the Krambles-Peterson Archive
First, we have an interurban observation car turned into a diner. This is the body of Spokane and Inland Empire 361, a 1907 Brill open-platform coach. It later became Pacific Northwest Traction #61, in service until 1939. By 1956, when George Krambles photographed it, it was a diner near Bellingham, and appears well cared for. The diner is long gone; the body was acquired by a private owner, and is stored in Snoqualmie. Recent photographs are not available, but it is reported to be badly deteriorated and beyond hope.
A couple of pictures of an old city car near Lynchburg, Va. in 1973. The photographer helpfully notes that it was "not in service".
Now for a couple of cars closer to home. This was Sterling Dixon & Eastern car 104, as a body near Grand Detour. Picture by Bill Janssen, taken Oct. 16, 1955. The SD&E only ran from 1904 to 1925, and none of its equipment survives.
Little Vic's Diner (or Vic's Little Diner?) was the body of a Kankakee city car, located at 121 N. Dearborn in downtown Kankakee. It appears to be identical to the car preserved as a diner in Gardner. By 1973, when this was taken, it was no longer in business.